Wednesday, February 14, 2007

When we cannot stand it no longer

Paul is the apostle I admire greatly. His zeal for God's word is tremendous. His energy to preach the words is greater than any great waves. His understanding of God's will is unbelievably deep. But I think that one character that helps him to be the greatest evangelist.
In 1 Thessalonian 3:1, it says,

1So when we could stand it no longer, we thought it best to be left by ourselves in Athens. 2We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God's fellow worker[a]in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, 3so that no one would be unsettled by these trials

Paul has this deep urge to see his friends. He was trying and trying. And when he found out that he could not visit the Thessalonian church immediately, he sent Timothy to represent him.

Paul's heart for God's people empowers him to pray for them, to forgive them whatevery they have sinned, to teach them everything he knows, and to live with them in hardships.

As a BTL, am I ready to take these charges?
I can imitate Paul of his heart. He cannot stand it to have aparthied relationship with his brothers and sisters. He cannot stand it not to see them and encourage them. He cannot stand it to call them his brothers and sisters but yet not loving them unconditionally. He cannot stand it to give up a little bit but expect his brothers and sisters to love him back as a multitude.

I want to imitate Paul as a leader.

No comments: