Wednesday, February 14, 2007

God's Promise

What does God promise he will do if you delight in Him?

I met with Evangeline (Elaine and Chris's mom) and Elaine yesterday at TKO for a afternoon discount Yam Cha. I got to know more about Evan than before. When I think of why do the elders deserve to seeking God, I could think of God's promise. We are not attracting the elders and any other person to come to church because we are nice to them, we are a happy circle or we are a place with no rejection for strangers. We are spreading out a good news from God of his promise for salvation and eternal life.

Psalm 37:4 - 5

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

This reminds me that:

  • do I have faith in God's promise
  • am I delighted in Him
  • are the dersires of my heart be righteous to shine like the dawn
  • am I commit my way to God as the noonday sun

I'll pray for Evan's heart in seeking God's promise to her.

1 comment:

lk said...

This is one of the scripture that I really like. It let me feel that God really want to bless me. And he wants me to be happy in Him.
Happiness and desire of our hearts don't always go hand-in-hand. But in this scripture, I am encouraged to delight God, and he will grant us the desire of my heart. What a blessing. lk