How hard it is not to retaliate. Not to say something back when being hurted by the one who you care. Not to give a hard look when being slammed with harsh words. Not to complain when being mis-treated, or mis-understood.
When I felt being belittled, or un-respected, or being despised , I would really want to fight back at least with harsh words. Or I would wish that someone would have over-heard that how much I have been mistreated and can fight back for me.
But God let his sun rise on the evil and the goood, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. The evil will get what they want. The unrighteous can enjoy the fruits from the earth. They will not be struck by thunder or lightning right away. On the contrary, they are fine, well-taken care by God just as the way I have been taken-care of.
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”- Matthew 5:43-45
God commands us to pray for our enemies and to love them.
Please God, help me to:
1. keep an eye on the planck in my eyes but not the speck in the eyes of my enemies
2. focus me on the price that Jesus pays rather than the price that I would pay in forgiving others
3. remember to give, rather than to receive
4. do not judge because I am being judged
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Enemies are someone who is hostile to, feels hatred towards, opposes the interests of, or intends injury to someone else.
To love your enemies may mean:
1. to love someone you feel hatred towards. (emotionally hurt)
2. to love someone who opposes the interests of yours. (style or personality difference)
3. to love someone who intends to injury you. (somatically hurt)
You have inspired me to look at Jesus and someone else's hurting instead of mine (Self Deny). Non-judgmental to people and myself is the beginning of a generous giving heart modelled by Jesus. Non-judgmental is way to free myself from this boxed thinking and emotions. Isn't it simple and neat!
Keyword: Non-judgmental
non-judgmental creats friends than enemies.
Post a Comment