I have been fasting once a week for quite a few months since November. The purpose of it was an initial feeling of lack of way-out to a very stubborn problem. When I share this with Mike, he immediately reminded me of the very "spiritual" core of fasting, that it should not be used as a bargain to God for something that I really want. Thanks Mike for such reminder, therefore, I did not tried to argue, negotiate, or bargain with God when I started out.
Fasting is just my own conviction to let go of self sufficiency, and totally humble to rely on God.
He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD ( Deut 8:3)
When I feel hungry, my instinct calls me to pray and pray, for God to humble me, and for God to lead me through the way, and show me his promises.
At the very begining, nothing happens. I dare not to give up because that is my own promise to God.
In February, 2007, things suddenly come out, a big surprise to anyone who knows the original struggle. All of a sudden, things are not that bad. In my own human eyes, the problem have become "curable", "manageable" than before.
Now, I still keep fasting for once a week. I am looking for God's answer. He will, of course, as he is faithful. But I am preparing my heart and spiritual vision to see to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment