Monday, January 21, 2008

My 2008 Goal in Bible Study

When we have our tradition Peak Hiking event on Nov 13 of each year for celebrating Iris's birthday, I have bought a new Bible for myself namely "Women of Faith" which is well binded in purple leather - very beautiful.

I decided to use 2008 to read through the Women series by using this bible. You may ask me WHY. "Why" is always a good question to start with.

Well, a good question and let me think..........

I would like to :
  • having a thorough understanding on women in the bible to enahncing my conviction as a godly woman in Christ though before I have read books on DPI "She slall be called women" Vol I & II given to me as a gift from Angelina.
  • as my personal development and teaching from bible in building my reserve to help women in church as from the group of Precious Women, we have decided to walk through a campaign of "Let's love you more" to women leaders, MK and MOK women BTLs for upholding their love to their husbands as a submissive women who possess the true godly beauty in Christ.
  • Hopefully eventually can build up a "Women Program" as a guideline reference for sisters in the church in a written and structural form of material.

Does it answer your question or the WHY question?

What is all about?

Through these case studies in the Bible to summarize what does God's message to us about women's being, role and influence in the WHOLE loving plan of God.

It could be a study of :

  • the nature of women Doubts and in control : eve, sarah, rebekah
  • different characters of women
  • some crucial common strength and weakness of women
  • roles of women in the society
  • the most beauty part of being a women
  • how does woman react or respond in some situations
  • what are women's relationship with men
  • different age and stage of being a woman

HOW to proceed?

There are a total of 46 and 30 women characters in the old and new Testiments respectively. By simple calculation, I should read 2 women characters in a week.

No comments: