Today my reading was on DPI’s Prideful soul’s Guide to Humility. This is the second time I read this book and so I only selected the chapters that hit me the most.
The chapter on “Humility in Difficulties” was mainly an elaboration on the story of Joseph in Genesis. Whenever I am facing hardships, the story of Joseph is soothing. Joseph was treated as the favoured son when he was young. His father has put him into a special place higher than any of his other ten brothers. He was given a colourful coat as a present from his father as a gift of superiority. Joseph paid less respect to his brothers and they have hated him very much. The story went on dramatically on how Joseph was sold by his half-brothers to Egypt and then was jailed. Until one day, he was again put into a royal place again, but this time with a totally different heart, he said, ” And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you….So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. (Genesis 45:5-8).
I feel convicted by these words, “God sent”, especially when I realize the difficulties that I have to face at my work. God sent me to this office ahead of many people as to save lives. The adversities are to help me to be the person that God wants me to be to the people around me at the office. I can be their Joseph rather than their excuse not to seek God. This challenges me a lot. How can I be the Joseph at my office? What do I need to change in my personalities to be the one that is ahead of them and help out in God’s saving plan? Do I know anything that I can actually learn from my boss? Am I keeping my faith in God when bad things happen to me? How do I find the peace in God when walking in the stormy waves?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bonnie wrote: shared your stormy waves. Could try to ask yourself , “What would Jesus do?” Jesus stayed calm when the storm came. How will you connect the inner peace to the physical peace. It’s not easy, but please read the email God has sent you …………
Post a Comment