Thursday, June 8, 2006

Hebrews 11

It is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6

What an encouraging scripture for me during my low times. This is even more encouraging when I can see this actually happens in the life of Sylvia who is now studying the bible with us. She sincerely seeks God. She arranges her schedule, finds the best place, and eagerly asks questions to clear her queries. It is amazing to see how she has progressed so much from the first day I knew her. I believe that it is God who rewards her to have such progress.

From the story of the Ethiopian enuch in Acts 8, I can see that the person who seeks God has to be earnest by himself. The enuch was actually making his long search of God from Africa to the middle East, read about the scriptures (which may be only available to those who are rich enough to buy a scroll) and accept the apostle Philip as his teacher. What’s more interesting is it was actually the enuch who found a puddle of water in the nowhere of a dessert and showed to Philip that he wanted to be baptized. I am convinced that even God has a plan for each one of us to seek Him, we have to be genuine seeker to complete this circle.

Thanks God for showing me how to have faith in Him and how build up faith through witnessing his work in the lives of other people. Amen!

No comments: