4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Gentleness is the sign for joyful life? From these scripture, I think it is. Because when I am not anxious, and rely on prayers, petition, thanksgiving, and requests, peace from God will over-rule me, I will be gentle from the bottom of my heart, and therefore, outwardly I will be joyful. Praise God for this.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you
What is true? God’s words are always true.
What is noble? Jesus is noble. Audrey Herpan looks very noble in appearance.
What is right? Jesus lives a righteous life.
What is pure? Jesus is pure in his heart. He is pure in his faith. He is pure in his love. The hearts of young children are very pure.
What is lovely? My favorite things that are lovely are: Lovely polar cubs, whiskers on kittens, warm woolen mittens, …
What is admirable? Courage of Jesus, humility of Jesus, faithfulness of Abraham.
Please God, help me to fill my thoughts with all these.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment